In the early 1930s, Pilot Butte Catholic Church services were held in the Section House located on Railway Avenue across from 3rd Street. In 1945, proceeds from a fowl supper which was held at Poplar Park (1 mile east of Pilot Butte) were used to purchase a vacant United Church located on the south end of 5th Street (114-5th Street). Father A.J. Phelan was the first Parish Priest. In 1946, McLean became a parish with a resident pastor. Attached were the missions of Edenwold, Arat, and Pilot Butte. On two occasions, the Mission of Pilot Butte was closed. At one time, only four registered Catholic families remained. In 1955, the Catholic Church was again reopened. The Town of Pilot Butte continued to grow and so did the number of Catholic families.
In 1964, St. Charles Church at 1171 Broder Street in Regina was purchased with the proceeds from a raffle. At the same time, Mr. Victor Melanchuk, a former resident of Pilot Butte, donated the parcel of land on which the present church is situated. In 1965, the old St. Charles Church was moved from Regina to Pilot Butte. With volunteer assistance, the church was completely re-stuccoed, remodelled, and painted. The old church was then sold back to the United Church. On November 21, 1966, St. Agnes Church was formally blessed by the Most Rev. M.C. O’Neil D.D., Archbishop of Regina. At that time, there were approximately 45 registered families in the parish. This was a proud moment in the parish’s history.
On October 1, 1967, Pilot Butte and Edenwold became missions of St. Joseph’s Parish of Balgonie.
In 1973, the Chapel of the Regina Grey Nuns (presently Pasqua Hospital) donated the pews that are still being used today. Volunteers renovated the church basement in 1977 with further upgrading in 1983. Since that time, there have been further upgrades to the church: in 2005 a metal roof and ramp; in 2009 new windows and carpet as well as plumbing upgrades in the basement; in 2010 the church was freshly painted; and in 2013 the church was put onto the central water system.